IFDA SELECTS: ‘ BEST OF SHOW’ WINNERS SPOTLIGHTED AT HIGH POINT FURNITURE MARKET
Industry Tastemakers Name Top 10 In Various Categories at the April Market
It was a Red Carpet time in High Point when IFDA President Ida McCausland handed out IFDA SELECTS awards to 10 companies whose products had been cited as the “Best Of Show” in their categories.
It was the first time the popular IFDA SELECTS initiative had focused on exhibitors at the High Point Furniture Market, which sprawls over 10 million square feet with some 2000 exhibitors in 180 different buildings. No wonder McCausland praised the judges’ stamina as well as their discretion when she presented framed certificates to the Best of Show winners.
IFDA Winners also received certificates from John Conrad, Executive Director of ISED (International Society of Furniture Designers), offering complimentary entry into the Society’s coveted Pinnacle Awards competition. The 2019 awards gala will be held in the fall.
IFDA SELECTS awards went to:
- Occasional Case Goods, bespoke category: Enkle Designs Xion Bloom table, designed by Matt Booty. Presented by Everick Brown;
- Art/Accessories, handmade/artisanal category: Orfeo Company handmade glass, designed by Orfeo Quagliata. Presented by Everick Brown;
- Outdoor, high-end sustainable category: Primitive Modern Collection by Sublime Originals, designed by Julia Sandord. Presented by Lisa Walker Brown, IFDA;
- Upholstery, high-end category: Crusin’ Chair and Ottoman, Thayer Coggin, Inc. designed in 1965 by Milo Baughman. Presented by Sara Chiarilli, IFDA;
- Lighting: Tilda Chandelier by Arteriors, designed by Denis Granda. Presented by Sara Chiarilli, IFDA;
- Bedroom Case Goods, “Pramatic Indulgences” category: Facet Collection by Kindel Grand Rapids. Presented by Dr. Wilma Hammett, FIFDA;
- Hospitality, senior lifestyle category: Kipton Swivel Chair by Fairfield Chair Co. Presented by Dr. Jane Nichols, IFDA;
- Area rugs, machine made category: Mosaic Collection by Karastan Rugs. Presented by Cecile Corral;
- Sustainable furniture category: Uultis Collection by Herval. Presented by Tym DeSanto;
- The Next Big Thing: Poppy Armoire by Selamat in collaboration with William Morris & Co. Presented by Rachel Moriarty and Treci Smith.